We are a scientific technology & consulting practice.
We operate all over the world. We love data.
We specialize in solving subsurface problems in the petroleum industry. Technology problems, analysis problems, data problems. We have expertise in geophysical interpretation, seismic modelling, geodata manipulation, uncertainty analysis, and knowledge management. Our domain includes conventional resources, oil sands, shale gas, and geothermal. If you have a tough subsurface problem, call us.
Give us a try on one of your nastiest problems. We will make progress in 24 hours — or you can fire us and walk away.
We specialize in quantitative interpretation problems in geothermal exploration and development, as well as in conventional petroleum, unconventional petroleum. Some examples of our work:
- Delineating geothermal reservoir rock with custom-generated seismic attributes.
- Planning and modelling 3D seismic acquisition.
- Forward modelling of seismic response at wells, from well tie to AVO and rock physics.
- Quality checking and control on seismic data and subsurface interpretation projects.
When we're not working with data, we're working with knowledge. We especially love working with wikis and Q&A forums about science.
We can help you find and map what you already know, and build powerful systems to capture and connect your scientists' know-how.
We believe that connecting people and the things they know is the most important step your organization can take.
Do you have calculations hidden away in spreadsheets that no-one but you can use? Are you looking for ways to share your algorithms and workflows with others?
The best way to solve these problems with software. And the best software is easy to use, easy to share, and easy to maintain.
We solve many of our own problems with scientific computing, and we can help you do the same. We use the powerful scientific Python stack to save you time and money.
At a glance
- Seismic analysis
- Seismic interpretation
- Geodata wrangling
- GIS and mapping
- Knowledge sharing
- Enterprise wikis
- Science communication
- BG Group
- Ormat Technologies
- CCS Nova Scotia
- Government of Canada
- Government of Nova Scotia
- Sigma Explorations
- Geothermal reservoir description from seismic
- 3D seismic acquisition planning
- Seismic processing QC and overview
- Subsurface data management and curation
- Custom software development for log analysis
- Generating wiki content from books
- Supercharging wikis for geoscience content
- Knowledge sharing strategic planning